Friday, April 27, 2012

It is with a deep sense of honor and humility ...

It is with a deep sense of honor and humility I announce that I have been selected the 2012 Law Enforcement Deputy of The Year. Recently, I was nominated for the achievements of the Homeless Initiative and its positive impact on our community and the many people that have been helped.

But, I didn't do it alone.

There are many of you that have worked quietly in the background with both financial contribution and spirited support -- it was this groundswell of benevolence that has made so much possible in such a short period of time.

I cannot thank you enough, but we have just begun to scratch below the surface. There was always a few detractors on the sideline that said  it couldn't be done -- and you have proven them all wrong.

I look forward to seeing you at the 18th Annual "Our Heroes Luncheon"  May 31, 2012,  12:00PM - 1:30PM , Tampa Convention Center where we can honor the many brave men and women in Hillsborough County's law enforcement and fire rescue.

Thank you.

Deputy Steven L Donaldson



 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your homeless initiative. Your selection as the Officer of the Year is an honor and well deserved; it is also a catapult to further this admirable cause. See you on the 31st! I and all in your family are so very proud of you. PMc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish to thank you for all your work with the homeless. It is because of you, that many more homeless men and women will find their way back into society. Please continue, for you have been such an example for all of us. I, for one, see the homeless in a different light, and this is because one man-YOU- took the challenge and succeeded. Congrats on your award, you certainly have earned and deserved the honor, which will be presented, to you, on May 31, 2012. I know how very proud your family and friends will be on this very special day, as they watch you receive your award. G.D.

    ReplyDelete