Thursday, July 28, 2011

Geoffrey Beene, Tommy Hilfiger, Bob Coates Help With Initiative


You may recognize Beene and Hilfiger as premium styled brands of classic American apparel. You may not recognize Bob Coates -- a classic American humanitarian. Coates hunted me down on Facebook after reading the St. Pete Times story covering the Homeless Initiative -- after friending me, he made a generous offer of two Televisions and three bags of barley used mens clothing.

I rarely pass out such offerings to my homeless candidates until they get off the streets; because, I want them to be uncomfortable, not cozy in a cardboard box shaped like a house. But when Coates extended the offer I'd figure I could do some olive branching with those still homeless but cooperating with the initiative.

It wasn't until I opened the first bag of clothing did I realize how generous a man Coates apparently is, since most everything was named brand and barely used. He also offered two televisions even though I was only able to take one; I already know who will be the likely recipient -- a young man who just recently found an apartment and got off the streets.

So, a special thanks to Bob Coates -- a true humanitarian and discriminating aficionado of fine mens clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment